- Relax in the water in order to focus on stroke and improve technique
- FINIS created and patented the first ever center-mount snorkel designed specifically for swimmers.
- Allows you to focus on stroke technique without the interruption of turning your head to breathe.
- Builds lung endurance and strength to increase VO2 max.
- One-way purge valve allows water to flow out of the tube without entering the mouthpiece.
HAVING TROUBLE WITH YOUR SNORKEL?
TIPS ON USAGE AND PURGING The Swimmer’s Snorkel is great technique tool and allows swimmers the ability to focus on stroke technique without the interruption of turning your head to breath. The purge valve in the Swimmer’s Snorkel is designed for clear and easy breathing.
If you are new to the Snorkel here are a couple of tips to get you started and to ensure that you are using the snorkel correctly:
• Before you even begin swimming with the snorkel, just place your face in the water and breathe through the snorkel to get comfortable. Ensure that you have a good seal around the mouthpiece. You do not want your mouth to be too relaxed as it may let water in the tube however you do not want to bite down too hard on the mouthpiece as this will wear the mouthpiece faster than normal
• Beginners to the snorkel may initially find it difficult to breath only through their mouth. Water may get inhaled through the nose, so we recommend wearing a nose clip to help you practice only inhaling through your mouth
• The next step is learning to purge the snorkel. Inhale and then go under water to allow water to flow into the snorkel tube. Once you resurface exhale quickly to purge the water from the snorkel. It will expel water out the top of the tube and through the purge valve at the same time. Purge Valve Care Below are some tips to keep your purge valve working efficiently
• If you are an avid user of the snorkel and use it every practice make sure you regularly clean your purge valve (see video below). You want to ensure that the purge valve is free from any debris to guarantee that it is doing its job efficiently
• Make sure the silicone neck that the purge valve is housed in has the silicone lip all the way around the outside of the purge valve to seal it. Always check that this silicone lip is sealing the purge valve before using as the snorkel as it may have been knocked around in your equipment bag and moved position
• After cleaning the purge valve make sure the rubber purge valve is pulled all the way through the plastic ring so that the purge valve is flush with the housing. If it is not flush the purge valve has the potential to leak once it is placed back into the snorkel
FINIS Original Swimmers Snorkel B004O6ECL4